There is a rising tide of consumers concerned about the environmental impact of their purchases. A focal point for many in the age of e-commerce is the packaging used for shipping purchases to their doorstep. Given the rise of plastic poly mailers, both people and business owners want to know: Is there even such a thing as a sustainable poly mailer? The answer is a resounding yes! Brown and Pratt is proud to offer our clients poly mailer options made from mostly recycled materials that are also biodegradable.
Do Consumers Really Care About Eco-Friendly Packaging?
A Consumer Brands/Ipsos poll back in July 2021 (source) revealed that 84% of Americans surveyed were concerned about plastic and packaging waste. The sharp spike in online ordering and shipping caused by the pandemic has many consumers thinking about more sustainable packaging. Many business owners are now using poly mailing bags whenever possible because of how lightweight they are and can therefore reduce shipping costs. They also take up less space than boxes on trucks, trains, and planes, which means a reduction in carbon emissions from shipping because more products can be carried per trip. But what about the plastic poly mailer bags themselves? There are more sustainable poly mailers available today than ever for business owners who need to cater to eco-friendly consumers.
Recycled Biodegradable Blue Earth Poly Mailers from Brown & Pratt
Here are the key features of our environmentally friendly Blue Earth poly mailers that business owners can show to their sustainability-minded customers:
- Lightweight: Far lighter than any corrugated box, and up to 30% lighter than many other poly mailers, yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of shipping.
- Reusability: Outfitted with double tape enclosures, customers can use the same bag for returning their purchase when needed.
- Recycled: Made from co-extruded material, of which 75% is recycled content, and of the recycled content, 25% is post-consumer recycled content.
- Recyclable: These bags are 100% recyclable. All customers have to do is recycle them wherever they recycle plastic grocery store bags (collection bins are often found at supermarkets).
- Biodegradable: Our sustainable poly mailers will degrade with exposure to sunlight and moisture. This obviously can’t happen if they are buried in a landfill, which consumers need to keep in mind.
Even better is that B&P’s Blue Earth poly mailers come in generic versions (white exterior, silver interior for high opacity) and custom printable versions. Sizes available include the following:
Custom Printed Sustainable Poly Mailers
Many business owners who ship products have become more aware of how important it is to extend their company and product branding right onto their shipping packaging. In the case of our Blue Earth poly mailers, Brown and Pratt is pleased to offer the following custom-printing options:
- 1-Color or 2-Color Custom Printing: A 3,000-bag minimum order is required for a purchase to remain cost-effective, as well as limiting ink coverage to less than 50% of the mailer bag. Clients desiring more than 50% ink coverage will pay an upcharge. Additional price breaks occur at quantities of 5,000+, 10,000+, and 15,000+.
- 3-Color+ Custom Printing: Projects with three (3) or more ink colors must be custom quoted with a minimum order of 5,000 bags.
Brown & Pratt: Your Partner for Custom Product and Shipping Packaging
We’ve been helping businesses with their custom product and shipping packaging since 1954, which means each client we work with gets the advantage of our deep industry expertise on every project. We don’t cut corners to make a buck because we’ve built an incredible reputation for doing right by our customers. From initial ideas to finished packaging products, we work with you every step of the way to ensure you get the results you’re looking for while also constantly looking for ways to keep the cost to you as affordable as possible. Mutual trust is the fuel that drives our commitment to excellence in customer service.
Whether it’s standard shipping packaging or eco-friendly options like our Blue Earth recycled biodegradable poly mailer bags, we stay up-to-date with industry and consumer trends so you don’t have to. If it’s time for your company to experience what a better packaging partnership should be, start the conversation by getting in touch with us through the Contact page, calling us at 888-659-9450, or visiting our online Request a Quote page. We look forward to hearing from you!