All artwork should be supplied in PDF version 1.3 format (acrobat 4 compatibility).
- Press optimised PDF/X-1a:2001 version is required
- All fonts fully embedded
- CMYK for colour images, no RGB colours
- PDFs should not be tagged for colour management (ICC colours)
- Use greyscale colour space for black/white
- Image resolution of greyscale and colour images should be at least 300 dpi
- No Open Press Interface (OPI) should be included
- All transparent objects must be flattened prior to PDF creation
- Ensure the file image is identical in print size to the required printed version
- The trim box setting should be present in all PDF ad files
- The bleed box setting should be present in all PDF ad files with bleed
- A Double-Page-Spread (DPS) should be supplied as two separate full page PDF files marked “L” (left)& “R” (right).